corners of our home

I have been gradually changing our shelves throughout the house to reflect the summer season. 

::   look familiar?!...  ::

We have a very special pine shelf that my husband made in Upper School woodworking class and right now we are using it in the kid's creative corner.  The top shelf is currently our 'nature table'. The summer season brings us even closer to the ocean that we love so dearly so this shelf is about what we find on our local shores.  The blue silk represents the water and the green silk the shore.  I've added hand picked smooth stones, shells and driftwood brought home from past visits to the beach, postcards by Marjan van Zeyl - Frog King and Nasturtium, a beeswax lighthouse candle (you can buy one here), and a small wood sailboat.  On one of the stones I painted the word Believe as I feel that it's an important word to remember and most of us often forget!  We'll no doubt be adding to this collection as summer treasures find their way home and as I get back into my needlefelting groove! ;o)

::  shells and driftwood to make into a mobile...maybe?!  ::
::  dining room table collections  ::
::  corner of our living room  ::
::  I discovered these two fairies chatting up in our branch!?  ::
::  kitchen shelves filled with homemade strawberry jam, dried herbs from the garden, and pottery bowls...  does it get any better than that?!  ::

I've also been doing a bit of simple outside decorating to make the yard a little cherrier!

::  bright pots on a window sill in our front porch.  Hmmn, time to trim that basil!  ::
The kids luckily have more sandbox pails!
::  B's preschool sculpture with a flower tucked inside  ::
::  hydrangeas on the front steps, away from my allergies!  ::

Do you have any corners to share?
Please leave us a link in the comments!
~ joey ~
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow and how beautiful it is. I must play along. I have some corner views of our beloved guinea fowls...hehehe. I will have to come indoors.
    You home looks so warm, calm and nurturing. Such wonderful pictures..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Amber!
    I love your guinea fowl(and their story)
    The photos of your trip to Italy are amazing! I hope to go there one day, it looks like such a rich creative culture! Your family looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!!!!! I am just loving your nature table...so well put together ; it so conveys the breezy nature of summer, the ocean, and all her gifts. Your corners are also just lovely...i'd like to spend some time in your jam closet.....love to you and yours, my dear friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I especially love the well stocked kitchen shelves! And your nature table is beautiful- a coastal nature table looks so different from an inland one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rebecca! It's such a good feeling every time we open a jar of jam and are instantly reminded of our summer days even when the skies are grey!

    Hi Taisa! Thanks for your comment! I had never thought about how our summer table would be different from an inlanders?! Please tell me what you include on your summer shelves?!

    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the summery touches! What a pretty nature table, like a cool breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie!
    Thanks for your comment and kind words! Took a peak at your knits, they are fantastic!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~