Thanksgiving


I hope all of my Canadian readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! 


As I have mentioned in the past we don't celebrate with a traditional turkey dinner as we are vegetarians so we celebrate the harvest and what we are thankful for.


For the past 3 years we have decorated the table with our "stuffed turkey" (I think that's only funny to vegetarians?!) and jot down what we are thankful for on little tags that I make.  This year I added a "tree" to our table to hang this year's as well as our past collection of thankful tags.  The kids really enjoyed reading the ones from "when they were little" . . . ;o)




 We decorated our napkins with acorns I saw here and a oak leaf stamped name tag tied with paper ribbon and berries.


Our harvest dinner consisted of mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, corn, squash, a green salad and apple pie!  Most of which was bought from local farms and cooked by my wonderful husband . . . yes, so much to be thankful for! ;o)
xoxo
~ joey ~

1 comment:

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~