homemade herbal stock powder


It's been a while since I've done a post on cooking so I thought I would do a two part recipe post.

Being that it's soup season I am sharing our
 homemade herbal soup stock recipe
 that we make using ingredients that we always have in the house.  Whenever possible we use our own dried herbs that we have grown in the summer.

I add it to all kinds of dishes, whenever I want to add some flavour.


Mix together the following...

3 1/2 tbsp sea salt
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

This will make about 1 cup of stock powder.  Store in an airtight container like a mason jar.
To Use:  add 1 tbsp stock powder to 2 cups of water.


Tomorrow I'll share my favourite soup recipe.
Hope to 'see' you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~