needle felted eggs for Easter

We have been playing with wool so I thought I would share our needle felted eggs today.  My children are 8 and 10 years old and enjoy this activity as much as I do.
Supplies needed:
styrofoam egg
wool roving
scrap bits of yarn
needle felting needle
How to do it:
Lay the wool roving onto the egg and poke with the needle until it sticks.  It's really just as simple as that!  The more you poke the wool the smoother and less "fuzzy" it becomes.  When the entire egg is covered and you can't see any styrofoam, you can lay scrap bits of yarn over the egg and needle felt it in place. 
 
  If you want to get fancier then you can add more detailed images.
These are done onto styrofoam balls. 

They are so fun to make I'm sure you will fill a basket in no time!
Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~