St. Patrick's Day crafting #1 - pipe cleaner clover leaf

Welcome to a whole week of St. Patrick Day crafting!
I have prepared 5 fun craft tutorials that you can make with
your family or students!

I thought I would start off with these sweet little
pipe cleaner clover leaves.

Supplies:
one 12" green pipe cleaner

Step 1:
 Bend pipe cleaner on a right angle about 1" from the end
(this makes the stem)

 Step 2:
Wrap the pipe cleaner up and around into a loop about the size of a quarter (this forms the left leaf) so that the long end comes down in front and is pointing down beside the stem.

 Step 3:
 Tuck the long end under the loop so that it now points up.

 Step 4:
Wrap the long end around in a loop to form the top leaf of the clover.  End with the long end pointing to the left underneath the left leaf.

 Step 5:
Poke the long end through the left leaf and fold over to the right.

 Step 6:
Press the long end down and make the loop for the last leaf.

 Step 7:
Tuck the end of the pipe cleaner into the back.

 Step 8:
Now gently push the loops in to form heart shaped leaves.  Bend the stem slightly and you are finished!

   You can make these with sparkly pipe cleaners for a bit of glitz or glue a lucky ladybug to the centre.

Every day this week I'll show you a new craft that you can make to celebrate the holiday!
See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Joey! I cannot wait for the book to arrive in the mail!

    Also, I'm looking forward to making these fun clovers with my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Joey! I wonder if it could be used to "stamp" ? Hmmm...

    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Eco-Kids Tuesday! Hope you come back and visit today!
    http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2013/03/nifty-thrifting-at-eco-kids-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~