have a peek at this one . . .

  
peeking through the catkins

There is a perk when you make up your own challenges . . .
you can cheat a little! ;o)

I started this week's challenge with the idea
of somehow working a cat into my piece.
I was thinking of trying Cat-kin as whiskers
so I searched for a nice cat image on the internet.

Nothing seemed quite right until finally it hit me -
Sitting right in front of me on my desk,
 I have my favourite photo of our cat peeking through
the branches of a quince tree!

Then another thing hit me -
she passed away in 2005 and I have never drawn her!

So last night I did, and replaced the quince leaves with catkins.
It's a simple sketch without a string or other tangles
but I didn't mind stretching the rules for this special piece!

Have a wonderful weekend!
~ joey ~

2 comments:

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~