inside my sketchbook friday link up

 
Hello!
Welcome to the
Inside my sketchbook Link Up!
When: every Friday
What: a place to share your drawings
Why: to inspire, get feedback or just because
How: Link up blogposts/photos with the Mr. Linky box below.


Note: artwork does not have to be specifically in a sketchbook.
*Artwork from other blog challenges is always welcome here! 
*Please share your Joey's weekly tangle challenges 
only on the Monday challenge's Link up.
 ***

This week started off more productive than it finished but I am happy with what I achieved!
I have wanted to try a Ben Kwok pattern for a while
and I suppose hearing the birds chirping made me choose this little guy to tangle.
It was a learning curve mixing tangles and I scoured several books and tangles online to find ones that I thought would work.
Of course you don't really know until you try them together
but for my first attempt, I'm happy with the results!


On the Easter weekend
we found ourselves curled up in front of a cozy fireplace
at my mother-in-law's so I chose this Celtic knot cut and paste in my sketchbook.
It really made me think with the over and under laps but when it finally came together it was a fun one to try!
 
  
And finally this one from my sketchbook
which I was not happy with at all.
I almost didn't include it
but then I remembered saying
that not everything in your sketchbook turns out
so here it is.
I totally botched making it
look spherical
and it's shaded way too dark 
but there you go! ;oP

Now let's see what you have been sketching this week!
~ joey ~


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bird! Lovely tangles you have chosen. Your amaze looks so good, I find that pattern really hard to draw despite that it's so simple!
    I will have to try a celtic knot, it looks fun to draw. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bird and again thank you very much to let us take a look in your sketchbook :)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~