joey's weekly tangle challenge #94

  This tangle challenge is for anyone who enjoys using tangles in their art.  Whether you are an experienced artist or new to drawing,we're here to learn from each other and have fun with our art!  I hope that you will find my challenges fresh, stimulating and rewarding!
Use the Link Up at the bottom of the post to share your work. 
note:  the link up never closes, so you can come back and link up to any challenge, at any time. 
Click here to see past challenges.

**********************************************************************************


Happy New Year 2016! . . .

Wow, it feels like we have just breezed through a year of tangle challenges in the blink of an eye!

This year
I'd like to provide you with opportunities to create
mini "collections" of work.

One of the aspects of Art that I enjoy, is the ability to stimulate several senses, not just visual.

I would like to take the next few weeks to think about how 
music
affects our artwork.

Each week I will provide you with a tangle challenge
that will, in the end, give us a collection of 
music inspired artwork.

 Here is the string for this week and let's use the tangle pattern Retro.
(additional tangles of your choice may be used as well)

Here's a question you may like to explore during this challenge:
 *Do you prefer playing music while you tangle
or do you tangle in silence?

Feel free to leave a comment about what you discover.
~ joey ~
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Joey! Looking forward to your challenges in 2016, starting with some music inspired artwork. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joey, I wish you a happy New Year! Thanks for the great challenges.
    And on the theme of music:
    When I draw, I almost never listen to music.
    Because: if I concentrate, I forget the music anyway. I hear them not at all while reading or drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joey and a Happy 2016! When I draw I sometimes, but not very often listen to music. Or have the music going, because when I am into drawing or painting I am so focused on that, so I am not much aware of the music going on. But sometimes I like to have Bach or Arvo Pärt around me. And sometimes, that happens, when I listen to music, I can get inspired to a painting or a drawing. I am singing myself and when I do music I focus on that and nothing else. But there is an interesting connection....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joey, Happy New Year! To answer your question - no, I don't hear music while tangling; but maybe I give it a try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joey! I occasionally play music, but more often listen to audiobooks while I'm tangling.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~