Christmas creativity - sewing

 Back again with more Christmas creativity, yesterday I shared some drawings, today I'll share my family's sewing projects!

This is my son's bear Dudley.  He needed a pair of PJ's so I made him a pair with a pattern from the book Kinder Dolls.


These are two of the quilts sewn by my Mom this holiday.  They are absolutely amazing!  Narrow strips of Christmas fabrics create the first log cabin masterpiece!  I love the Merry Christmas border and the stippling she does all over the quilt.
The second quilt is made with the Christmas Flower Fairies panel, beautifully bordered and stitched.

 Here's another wall hanging that my Mom made us several years ago.

I sewed some Christmas pillowcases for my daughter's bed.  Thankfully it's easy to find Christmas fabric with turquoise in it right now!  The red and white chevron print was perfect as well, she loves chevrons and I think it looks like candy cane stripes.

And lastly I made this cuddly little Waldorf gnome for our niece's new baby from a combination of patterns in The Gnome Craft book and the Kinder Dolls book I mentioned above.
It measures about 8" to the tip of the hat and is made of velour.  I sewed a small bell inside the hat to jingle softly.  The patterned "neck ruff" is removable thanks to a simple ring of elastic inside.  I was surprised how quick it was to make and I thought it turned out well for my first attempt.  I'd like to try some variations so I may make some more.

Have you had a creative Holiday?
~ joey ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~